Friday, September 30, 2011

What's the best way to prep for the LSAT?

There are several different methods of study for the LSAT.  Self study, an online course, or an in-classroom prep course are only a few. The best one really depends on an individual's preferences, but from research, I have found that an in-classroom prep course is reported to have the best results. 


The three most commonly used LSAT prep companies are Kaplan, Princeton Review, and TestMasters.

I recently finished my LSAT prep course with TestMasters.


I really liked the instructor and the techniques were very helpful! They offer online access to materials and an instructor hotline with enrollment.  The class I took was in preparation for the October 2011 LSAT.  It started in mid August and ran until the week before the test.  The course was twice a week in the evening and had a duration of four hours (just like the time frame of the actual LSAT).  Diagnostics were given at the beginning and throughout the course.  What was especially neat about Testmasters was once you enrolled into a course, you are given audit passes to attend other TestMasters classes at a different location.  So if you miss one, you can make it up by using an audit pass.


Enrolling into an in-classroom prep course can be very expensive and may conflict with schedules, but if your goal is to score well on the LSAT, it is definitely worth the cost.

I did not take the October 2011 LSAT because I felt I needed to put in more hours, so I am aiming for December 2011 and still practicing the TestMasters techniques.  Hopefully I'll be ready by then!

If you have any questions about LSAT prep, please leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment