Saturday, November 5, 2011

My Review of Law Day at University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law

If you haven't had a chance to visit the law schools you plan to apply to, I would highly encourage you to do so. Most law schools are hosting open house events around this time and the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law (Sacramento, CA) had theirs today! I attended and as promised, I will share my experience with all of you!





I arrived a few minutes before the event started.  I was directed to check-in, which was quick and easy.  Pamphlets, brochures, pens, and some pretty nice notebooks were given to us.  A light breakfast was also provided upon arrival.

 The day was outlined with a schedule that was followed very closely. Here's a photo:


The event started in one of the larger classrooms on campus with a welcome from Dean Elizabeth Rindskopf Parker.  Followed by the welcome, the Assistant Dean, Adam Barrett went over all the components of the law school application and what he looks for when he reviews them.  He made it very interactive and allowed the participants to chime into the presentation.  After the admissions presentation, participants were split into groups and were led on a campus tour by the Student Ambassadors.  We were able to go into classrooms, the newly built library, study rooms, and see where the faculty offices are.  I really got a sense of what the campus was like and the Student Ambassador leading my group was very helpful in answering everyone's questions. 

After the campus tour, we participated in a Mock Class.  Mine was lead by Professor John Sprankling.  He was very welcoming and made the mock class very engaging.  We were given a sheet of paper with a hypothetical situation and encouraged to pair up with another person for discussion.  I'd say this activity was the highlight of the event and actually made law school seem fun!

At noon, we were directed to the Student Center for lunch, which was delicious! They had a local restaurant cater it with boxed lunches that included a salad or sandwich and there were a variety to choose from!  Lunch was a great time to mingle with the other participants and faculty. 

I departed the event after lunch, but following lunch they had an Information Session and Q &A, Student Panel Discussion, and Meet the Experts Reception.

I had a great time and would definitely recommend attending Law Day at McGeorge if you ever get the chance.  I got a lot of my personal questions answered and could definitely picture myself attending there in the future. 

Here are some photos I took:





If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below!

1 comment:

  1. The hard work can help you pass the NY Bar exam but it will be right to say that without proper resources, knowledge and intelligence, the hard work is just a huge waste of precious time. This is why I collected right prep material before starting the preparations. Even had joined the most reputed New York Bar Exam Course.

    ReplyDelete